Tuesday, September 29, 2026

With Friends Like This

 
At the time I am writing and scheduling this cap, I am closing in on 50,000 blog views!! Like, less than 100 away!! So, by the time this up tomorrow morning, I might have past that milestone! As a little celebration, I want to open up requests for Halloween! I have a few ideas, but nothing much so if you want to comment below an idea or someone you want capped, let me know. You can also email me at dospamfoxx@gmail.com with any request or specific GIFs you'd like. I can't promise I will get to each and every one of them just depending on how things go. But I will definitely try. Feel free to requests none Halloween caps if you'd like, but Halloween ones will probably be what I would focus on. Thank you all so much, I'm glad people enjoy my caps and I hope you enjoy this one as well! And Happy Spooky Season!
 
 
“You think I’m pretty?” I ask as I turn and slowly walk over to Jerome. Jerome’s eyes go wide, his voice slightly panicked as he says, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean- well, I did mean it. But I didn’t mean to say it. It just slipped out. Let’s just forget about this. I’m sorry.” I know it seems like a weird reaction after calling a girl pretty, especially when I am, objectively, more than just pretty, if I do say so myself. But given my history with friends hitting on me, I can understand why he’d be a little worried. It usually doesn’t end well, especially when they find out that I’m still a man, at least in one aspect.

I was always a pretty normal guy, at least from the outside looking in. I played sports, made friends, even dated my fair share of women. But I never really felt right, like something was missing. But I grew up in a small, particularly unaccepting town; my parents among that unaccepting population. So I never really knew what transgender really was. Not until I went away to college, that is. I got a girlfriend in the first few weeks, Abigail. She quickly realized I seemed uncomfortable being myself. So we talked, she explained things to me, I cried, she cried, we hugged. To this day, it’s one of the best days of my life. We continued dating a bit, at least publicly, until I was ready to come out. But even after that and the following “breakup”, she remained my best friend. She helped teach me everything she could about being a woman. She taught me skincare, haircare, makeup, fashion, everything. She even helped me decide on the name Shay. Not too different from Shane, but I kinda like that. Reminds me where I come from, even if that isn’t always a good thing.

I eventually returned home as Shay after graduation. I got good at making excuses for why I couldn’t go home, or hiding her when I did. But I knew it was time. And unfortunately, my parents did not surprise me with their acceptance. There was a lot of yelling and crying, all followed up with a disownment. It hurt, of course. But as I said, I wasn’t really surprised. They had never been open and accepting of anything that didn’t fit their norm. My friends back home, on the other hand, did surprise me. Most had also gone away to college, so I guess a larger worldview than our square-mile hometown opened their eyes and their arms to me. It was a little awkward hanging out with them at first, but after a few weeks, it quickly settled into old times. Just guys being guys. Except one of us was a girl now. It was going great for a few months. Until Mike.

Mike had always had a hard time getting a girlfriend. I never understood why, as Shane. He always seemed nice and cool and funny. I always tried to set him up with my girlfriend’s friends, but it never worked out. Now, as Shay, I get it. The looks he would give me always made me feel a little awkward and uncomfortable. The way he would take any chance to touch me, often acting like it was a mistake with his dumb, smug grin. Then, one day, he decided to shoot his shot and asked me out. I politely declined and assumed all would be fine. It wasn’t. He immediately blew up, texting our group chat. Saying bullshit like I came on to him and was being really weird and clingy about it, even after he said no. Some of them believed him, some didn’t, but it pretty much broke the friend group apart. So not only did I lose my family, I lost all my friends just a few months later. I was heartbroken. Almost completely alone except for Abigail and a few other friends from college. Or so I thought, until Jerome asked to meet up one night.

Jerome was another one of my friends from growing up, one of the ones who didn’t believe Mike’s bullshit. We still hadn’t talked in a while because of all that drama, but he had never been anything but kind and supportive of me, so I agreed to meet up. He invited me over to his house to watch the game and have a few drinks. Calling it a house might be something of an understatement; the place was almost a damn mansion. He apparently had become some big-time executive and was doing very well for himself. “Damn, good for him,” I found myself saying as I walked up the driveway. He greeted me at the door with a hug, but unlike the ones Mike would give, this was a lot more welcoming and friendly. He offered me a beer and led me to his home theater. “You have a fucking home theater?” I asked in shock as he just chuckled, his deep chuckle, as he led me downstairs. We watched the game for a bit, made some friendly conversation and bets, drank a ton, and all in all just had a good time like two old friends. Then, he offered me a tour, which I graciously accepted.

That’s how we got to this point. The tour led to Jerome’s home office. We were talking about his work, and I mentioned something about how the report he was working on could be improved, to which he responded. “Damn, you’re right! You’re pretty and smart, huh?” He clearly didn’t mean to let that slip out. It was a drunken mistake. And yet… “So you do think I’m pretty,” I said. I had never really gotten a good, appraising look at Jerome before. I mean, I’d experimented a bit with men, but never anything serious. But looking at him now, knowing what he thinks of me, I have to admit– he’s hot. Tall, dark, muscular. All that paired with someone so kind and accepting. And one of my oldest friends. “I’m sorry,” Jerome started, still panicked. “I know that’s not cool, especially after everything with Mike and the others, but I–” I got up on my tiptoes and was just barely able to manage to interrupt him with a kiss. It was awkward at first, given his surprise and panic, but it quickly grew more passionate and hot as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in deeper. After a minute or so, we pulled apart and just stared at each other for a moment. Looking into his eyes, I felt something, and I don’t just mean attraction (though that was very much prevalent too). I felt comfort. I may have lost my family and most of my friends. But with friends like Jerome, who needs them?

No comments:

Post a Comment